Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to study Medicine in Cuba.
- Applicants must have passed Matric with minimum medical university entry requirements of level 4 in Physical Science, Mathematics, Life Sciences and English.
- Applicants must be South African citizens and permanently residing in Gauteng
- Applicants must be between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty five (25) years (turning 25 by end of November 2013).
- Applicants already registered at Nursing Colleges and Higher Education Institutions in their third year of study or who have obtained a tertiary qualification will NOT be considered.
Duration of the Course
The course is comprised of the following:
- One year of Spanish and foundation courses
- Five years of medical studies
- Thereafter, two (2) year of medical study at a South African University to complete a degree in medicine
- The Department will fully fund a limited number of successful applicants to study medicine in Cuba.
- The opportunity is also available to applicants whose parents are in a position to pay tuition fees for medical training in Cuba.
- Successful applicants will sign a bursary contract prior to the departure to Cuba with the Department to serve /work for the same number of years as the duration of study in Cuba and South Africa.
Applicants can obtain a bursary application form from the following venues: Gauteng Department of Health 78 Fox Street, 9th floor, Old Standard Bank Building Johannesburg. At the Human Resource Units of the following Hospitals: Dr George Mukhari Academic, Steve Biko Academic, Chris Hani Academic, Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic, Sebokeng, Natalspruit, Tembisa, Tambo, Leratong and Dr Yusuf Dadoo Hospitals.
Two (2) certified copies of the following documents must be included with the application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Birth Certificate – (of applicant and all dependants of the parents)
- Identification document – (applicant and parents/guardian)
- Passport (if available)
- National Certificate - (statements of results for 2012 matriculants will be accepted)
- Proof of registration from the University (if currently registered)
- Academic record (progress report) from the University
- Proof of income of both parents or guardians – (sworn affidavits for those without proof of income)
- Proof of residence in the form of utility bill or account – registered in parents’ or guardian’s name
How to apply
Download the application form below and send to the address provided before the closing date.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO BE HAND DELIVERED TO:
The Directorate: Professional Development
For attention: Ms. Yvonne Skosana
Gauteng Department of Health
78 Fox Street, 9th Floor
The Old Standard Bank Building
Ms Y. Skosana: (011) 298 2328/2334
Ms. M. Motaung: (011) 298 2484
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 28 June 2013
If you have not heard from the Department within three (3)
months after the closing date, please accept that your application has
Download the application Form>>:Application Form
In : 2014 Bursaries
Tags: gauteng government bursary study learn cuba