The bursaries cover tuition fees, books, meals and accommodation for the duration of their studies at various South African universities. The corporation views education as key to growing the country.
The IDC awarded 72 needy students with bursaries for the 2013 academic year.
Candidates who are eligible:
- South African citizens with a valid ID number residing in the Republic of South Africa and who qualify for admission to a University or University of Technology and FET college, and are not studying with the aid of an employer or bursary.
- Applicants must have grade 12 Maths and Science with a minimum of a B aggregate symbol.
- University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be considered on their Grade 12 and most recent academic results.
- If you are already studying towards a degree course for which you are applying for a bursary, you must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed.
- Applications must be for full time studies towards an academic degree at an accredited South African university or university of technology.
- No bursaries are awarded for studies at a college
The value of the bursary for full-time undergraduate/ diploma studies comprises of the following:
- In the case of bursars residing with their parents/guardians or privately, a stipend is granted.
- In the case of students residing in official University/ University of Technology residences, full residence fees are paid to the relevant institution (Catering/Self catering residences).
- Tuition and registration fees.
- A stipend for books and stationery is granted bi-annually.
NB: The bursary may also be awarded for the purpose of acquiring a compulsory postgraduate qualification in order to obtain a prescribed professional status i.e. Chartered Accountant or BTech or Hons.
Bursaries are renewable annually, subject to acceptable proof of progress from the institution.
Fields of Study:
Fields of study in which bursaries are awarded have to be directly related to industry, and will only include the following:
- Engineering: BSc Industrial, Chemical, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mining, Metallurgy, Civil, Analytical Chemistry and Geology. (Technikon level leading to B. Tech).
- Applied Commercial Sciences: Bcom (Accountancy CA), Bcom Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Investment Management, Agriculture, Environmental Science and Logistics.
NB: No bursaries are awarded for fields of study not listed above.
How to apply:
- Download Application Form to download the applications form
- It will be expected of applicants to attend an interview.
- Applicants will be notified of the results of their applications as soon as possible after interviews.
- To find out where to send your completed application form ,
- Please contact the IDC on their call centre line: 086 069 3888 or email them at email@example.com.
Applications for 2014 close 31 May 2014.
Tags: idc bursary 2015 bursaries